12 July 2010

New blog?

I can't even count anymore the number of blogs I have had. I think I must have had my first one when I was about 11 years old, although before that and for a while after I kept paper journals (up until about 2 years ago, I think). But they have (clearly) all died, and I don't wish to try to revive them because there was a REASON I let them die. I still post on Maureen's ning, but it's not the most convenient place to tell people to go. But in general I haven't kept a blog/journal for over a year, and I kind of miss having one.

Mostly I'm writing here for myself, like I would in a paper journal (though obviously not things I don't want to make public), but I do like the idea of getting to share myself on the internet. I do have Generation of Awesome to express myself through vlogs. However, in all honesty, I am much more coherent and sure of myself in writing. This is true for even some of my oldest friends. I just make so much more sense and am so much more honest and heartfelt in writing than I am when I'm speaking.

I have my doubts that anyone will read this, but I did have a fair amount of people reading my BEDA last April, and that's coming up again in August, so maybe I will get a slight following? Not that that's what matters. But I do like to know that people read about my often boring life with occasionally funny anecdotes and actually care sometimes. I suppose we'll just have to see.

I will leave you (any random people out there reading this first post...) with a gorgeous picture I took on the last day of school of some flowers in our backyard that I've never shared anywhere before for some reason. :)

Cheers!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment