12 January 2012

Firefly Love

Sharks thrash in the ocean,

open their jaws,

Dig their teeth Deep into the Fabric

of the Universe,

hoping to leave a Scar

upon the World.


Fireflies soar and Loop

through the Air—

caught by a Jar.

still their Wings flap on

that Light will Die soon

and yet to-night it Shines.


white Perfect clouds up Above

hold Rain and Storm

exist there High above Earth

with the Sun and Stars

who Welcome that storm

with Twinkling color and Light.


Gravity holds me down

keeps me from Joining you

from Joining those fireflies and clouds

from Truly feeling as the sharks do

I want

I want


Where is the End of the universe?

Unbearable Lightness

Trembling hands

And blue water fills Deep blue Eyes

as Music floats over

the Heads of people Rushing by


Who do those deep Blue Eyes

belong to?

You

or Me

Or some Stranger out there

We do not know.


Does it Matter?

that Stranger is as Important

as You

or Me

as Lovely

and as Mystical


Dream Winds blow down the street

relaying the Remnants of Salty ocean Breeze

and I Reach out for a

hand that Isn’t there

I want

I hope


As Rain falls outside that glass pane,

I open the Pages of the Past

those Water-logged

Pages

the face I Dream of is not Among them

Where is your Hand in this Vast air?


Gravity

How does one transfer Thoughts

across the Stars?

Do spirits dream?

Do those Sharks feel as I do?

Do fireflies Know love?


the Poet says,

“Nothing Gold Can Stay”

the Sun cannot stay

my Heart cannot stay

time, time Cannot stay

And yet, I Hope


I fall Asleep watching the Stars, in the Grass

And open my Eyes to the first golden Rays

Walk to my Room

Dreaming of You

Look in the Mirror, and

force my Eyes and that little Mouth to Smile


look Down at the chipped Polish on my nails,

and the Wrinkled purple Dress

Grab a Lone strand of green, green, green Grass

remember those Dream Winds

My life is Small

But you are important


and I am important,

Aren’t I?

I am Conscious, and I am Human

I am those Sharks, those Fireflies,

the Water-logged pages of the Past

So I move from the Mirror


walk Outside again

hold my Arms open to the Sky

People rush by, running but not Floating

And I know I look Ridiculous

But I am a shark, a firefly,

a Beacon of Light


And we all must Beat on,

even as the Waves crash us

Over and over and over Again

against the Sharp rocks of Shore

Reality is there for us,

But we Need not live in it Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment