22 November 2012

Dreaming of Ochem

I felt the need to record this dream because it just felt so ridiculous. I never do this, mostly cause I'm not the best at remembering the details of my dreams, but, I'm going to write down what I do remember.

Last night I dreamed I was doing an ochem lab.

Yes. SERIOUSLY. I dreamed I was doing some sort of chemical reaction (I honestly have no idea what), and then when I went to write up the lab report, I realized I'd completely missed doing the most important part of the lab.

Again, I don't really remember what, but I do remember that for some reason part of the procedure was to take blood samples from different people and test that blood with the chemical product you created. (WTF?) And, in my dream, I didn't do this. I was reading the procedure and my dream-self was thinking that sounded so ridiculous: how was it even possible to do that in a college lab?

Befuddled, my dream-self then asked my lab partner if she had done that part of the lab, assuming maybe it was a joke. And she said she had, of course!

To which my dream-self responded, "What, you just walked up to people on the street and asked them for their blood?"

And she said YES.

After that, all I remember is my dream-self freaking out about not doing that part of the lab and wondering if I could possibly get and test my samples before the lab was due.

Then I woke up (at 5:30 this morning, no less), and I actually had to sit there for a minute and tell myself that the dream wasn't real. I never did that lab.

However, I do have two lab reports for ochem to write over this long weekend, and yes, I am freaking out about them because that class is far too stressful.

So, welp, at least my unconscious brain is reflecting the stress I feel in real life.

But ochem lab has officially taken over my brain. Ugh.

We'll see if I take the second part of the lab next semester. We'll see.  I have 2 months still to decide.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz....

I'm so tired now. But hopefully I can look back at this dream and just laugh hysterically. Because it sure was ridiculous.


No comments:

Post a Comment