07 August 2012

Obama in CS

So I definitely told myself I was going to start with my Summer Reflections series today, but that didn't happen. I really do want to allow myself time to reflect on this summer, so hopefully I can push myself to do it. I think the fact that most parts of this summer were ridiculously hard and lonely makes me want to reflect on it even less. Part of me would rather forget most of this summer. But I NEED to remind myself that this summer was worth it. Tough, frustrating, lonely, but worth it. I grew a lot. I learned a lot. Etc.

Anyway. Time to make a short blog post. I really have gotten away from this whole blogging thing. I really DO still enjoy it, but it's hard to make myself write sometimes when there are so many other interesting things happening. Like:

-Cooking. Yay! Even though I know there will be nights I won't want to cook, I'm excited to be able to cook for myself at my apartment this year. :D
-The Olympics. I'm mostly interested in the track and field because in my heart I still wish I could run that fast. But the gymnastics is so impressive as well.
-Looking through old pictures. My parents dressed us in some RIDICULOUS outfits when we were kids. And I was generally a pretty funny kid. Haha. 90s clothing and activities....
-Obama speaking in Colorado Springs!!!!

I somehow seem to keep forgetting that this year is election year. I'm paying attention to all of the issues and such, but since we're not quite as involved in volunteering as a family as we were in 2008, I do forget sometimes.

But, anyway. Obama is coming to talk at Colorado College on THURSDAY. I'm sure the standing/viewing options will be just as bad as they were in Denver just under 4 years ago, but I'm still excited. He comes to Hawai'i ALL THE FREAKING TIME and I never get to see him there. So I'm excited. Not sure what he'll talk about, but whatever.

I feel like my posts the past 3 days have not sounded particularly reflective or insightful. I usually try to blog so I can look inside myself and take a better look at the world. But that hasn't happened yet.

So. TOMORROW. I will begin Summer Reflections Series. Beginning with the NEDA Walk.

Until then, Cheers!

Inspirational quote/photo of the day:

Word of the dayfriable--easily crumbled; crumbly
Days until Shark Week: 6
Days until Hawai'i: 17

No comments:

Post a Comment