06 August 2012

Summer Reflection Time

While it is only 10:15ish, I already find myself feeling quite tired. That seems to be the pattern in the first couple days after I return home: I feel very tired. It doesn't make quite as much sense this time, since I got more sleep per night this summer than during all of spring semester. But whatever. It is nice to be able to sleep in, even if I stupidly woke up at 6:40 this morning and couldn't fall back asleep. Grrrrrrr.

Anyway. As I continue to try this BEDAugust, with the hope of actually succeeding for once, I am going to devote most of my days to summer reflection.

Because this summer definitely was an interesting one. In good ways and bad ways. Definitely not what I expected or hoped my summer would be. But interesting. I learned a lot about myself and what working in the "real world" (whatever that means) might be like. I had some good times and some really frustrating times. Overall, though, I think it is incredibly important for me to look back on this summer as much as I can 3 months later in some cases. So I can remember, in the future, how much this summer meant to me. To remind myself that I didn't waste a summer. On the contrary, I learned a lot. And despite everything, this summer was worth the hardships and the loneliness. :)

But we will begin that tomorrow.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment