05 August 2012

Quick Quick Thoughts

Hello!!! I am quite tired, so this blog post will not be long. Just some quick musings on travelling. :)

Everything went suprisingly smoothly from Connecticut College to the Providence Amtrak station. After that, several weird and annoying travel hiccups occured. But, of course, I am now home. And it feels so nice. Even just walking through the Denver Airport felt so wonderfully familiar. Not home, but definitely a piece of home to welcome me back right away. :)

With everything that happened this summer, I have truly come to realize how much Colorado Springs is my home. So much of my heart lies here. Sure, I can say that I don't like how cold it is and that I don't have many friends here. Those things are true. But my heart is in Colorado. Its mountains, beautiful blue skies, friendly communities, and beautiful lovely fresh air. Now, I have created another home for myself in Hawai'i, for which I am grateful. But I have truly realized over these past 2 months that Colorado Springs is my hometown.

One final thing: the attitude of flight attendants really makes all the difference when flights are delayed. On the first flight, the flight attendant wanted absolutely nothing to do with me and my question; she just wanted to keep talking to her coworker. But on the second flight, the flight and gate attendants were friendly, smiling, and really wanted to make sure we had a good flight. I'm not sure if everyone noticed, but I definitely did, and I am grateful for their attitude. It definitely made that second flight feel more pleasant, even with 5 or 6 screaming babies. =)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment