23 April 2012

Running Rhythm

Short blog post today. Because...well. Just because. Ha, I probably really did have time to write a much longer post, since I sat down at my computer at 10:00 to do a bit of homework and write this post. But it's now almost midnight. I have only finished a little bit of said homework and not written this post yet. In my defense, I got distracted downstairs in my friend's room where we were looking at apartments to live in next year. So, yes. Important, something we needed to do TOGETHER. Both of us had been looking on our own, but we really need to start making some decisions now as there are 3 weeks left in the semester before I leave Hawai'i. Yeah.

Plus, the few homework things weren't things I absolutely needed to finish by this evening. Type up my essay revisions, type up my lab revisions, write a summary for the Honors program (ugh), and figure out my topic for my Communications paper. Yeah.

At this point, the only homework I have left are 2 big papers, 1 big lab report, 1 math test, and then 6 finals. Which doesn't sound like a lot, but actually kind of is. And it's annoying, because now I can't use my little homework as a way of avoiding my papers. Now I just have to sit down and start writing them. Also, I really need to figure out my topic for my Communications paper. That I should try to do tomorrow morning or afternoon. Then I can really get started on everything and just power through.

(Also, it's annoying because I can't technically bring my computer to work. So even when I have downtime at work now, I can't work on my papers. Instead I just sit there for hours mentally panicking about all of the work I have to do when I get back to my room. Not a fun experience. That's a lot of how I spent my 8 hours at work today...)

ANYWAY. God. Not an interesting post so far.

Today after work I went for one of my runs. I run about 3 times a week. I would like to do more, but since I work late on Wednesdays and sometimes Mondays without really getting dinner, it's not a good idea. And I can never bring myself to run on Fridays or Saturdays because we're always kind of hanging out those nights. :) Plus, with my ankle and shin issues, it's probably best for me to not run every day. 3 days/week is enough to stay in shape, at least. And it's enough to give me time to think and just breathe.

I love running because it truly allows me to get in contact with my spirits and energies. When I'm having a bad day, I often don't realize how much negative energy is brewing in my heart. Until I start running. Then I can feel it in each step, in the labored breathing, in my desire to stop and sometimes in my desire to start crying as I run. In contrast, when I start running on a good day, I can feel the power of my muscles, the joy in my heart, and the rhythm in my breathing. It truly allows me to get in touch with myself, to take 30 or 40 minutes out of my day to truly relax and get into a rhythm.

I'm excited to run a 5k with my stepmom for her birthday in roughly a month. :D I miss track, in a lot of ways.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee..............

Those are my musings for today. Yep.

Okay. I should go to bed soon since I have to wake up at 7:00 and it is now 12:42. However, I should first write an outline for my marine bio paper and at least type up the current revisions I have for my writing essay before looking at it in better detail tomorrow. Yep. And then read a little before
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

;D

Probably won't be very interesting tomorrow either. Depends on whether or not my boss asks me to work for another worker, really....

Cheers!

Inspirational quote/photo of the day:
Word of the day: deliciate--to delight oneself

No comments:

Post a Comment