30 April 2012

Relief and Grateful Reminders

I finished my paper today at work finally! It was really nice, because I asked my two supervisors, and they said they didn't need me to do anything, so I might as well work on my computer as long as I still helped people at the circulation desk. Which I did, of course. It took me probably a total of 4.5 to 5 hours today to finish writing the paper, and I'm sure some things definitely need be changed. But I sent it in to our free online tutoring thing, which is actually really helpful. And I'm still very nervous about what grade I will get on this paper because the teacher is pretty tough, but at least I'm done with the paper. Phew. Now the rest of the week will mostly be occupied with editing my 2 papers, studying, and practicing my lab presentation. And focusing on finding a place to live....


I'm so tired though. I got maybe 5 hours of sleep last night because of people partying in my room  and then just in general being kind of unnecessarily loud by the time I decided I was getting no where on my paper and might as well sleep. But no. No sleep for Kat. =[


I'm going to try to be in bed by midnight, even though that feels so weird after 4 straight nights of staying up until 2:00 or later working on homework.


I never really mentioned my haircut yesterday, but I got it cut pretty short. It's at almost exactly shoulder length with some nice framing layers and sort of bangs. I like it a lot, and I'm glad I go to the slightly more expensive hair salon because I can trust them to give me a good haircut even though I have no real clue of what I actually want. Plus I got to pet and hold their cute (if grumpy) black cat that hangs out there. But anyway, it's taking some getting used to. My hair had grown really really long since my last haircut, so now it's weird. I can't touch my hair when I scratch my back. When I pull it up into a ponytail it no longer even falls onto my back. So yeah. I like it, but it's weird.


I feel like I have so many things I would like to say and that I am thinking about, but I don't really know how to express everything in words. But I would like to express how grateful I am for my true friends who have stood by me through so many years and thousands of miles of distance and numerous life changes. It's easy to forget sometimes that I do have true friends that I can count on. I won't lose that. The good friends you can hold onto are the ones that matter. The ones that make you feel special and that you have the privilege of making feel special.


Also I am so grateful for my dad and stepmom, who are always so willing to listen to me talk and help me figure out my life. I definitely wouldn't be where I am today without their help and I would be a lot more anxious and isolate myself more without their continued support and love travelling those invisible wires over the ocean.


Hopefully I will find a better time to write my blog tomorrow when I'm not so tired. At least I'm done with the big assignments and now it's just a lot of studying and a lot of revising.


I would like to leave you with two lovely things courtesy of Tumblr:
I love the both of them so very much. 


Haha. This is both hilarious and a little terrifying.


And I wish all of you, all of my friends and family and the people and spirits close to my heart, a wonderful night. Hopefully we all sleep well under the peaceful stars, the stars that burned beautiful fires to create the elements of which we are made.


Cheers!


Inspirational quote/photo of the day: "Our sense of worth, of well-being, even our sanity depends upon our remembering. But, alas, our sense of worth, our well-being, our sanity also depend upon our forgetting." -Joyce Appleby
Word of the day: miasma--a noxious atmosphere or influence; unpleasant or unwholesome air.

No comments:

Post a Comment