01 May 2012

Kat is not interesting

Haha, I found this picture again this evening while I was looking through some of my own Tumblr archives. And it definitely still makes me laugh. Because it's so, so true. As can be seen from my own stress musings from the past week or so. ;)


I realized I'd been writing papers basically since Wednesday night. So by the time I got back from class today, I really didn't want to work on revising said papers. I'll probably try to do some of that tomorrow morning before class, in between classes, and in the evening. It's probably good for me to set aside the papers for at least a day before I start to look at them again so I don't just continue to think they are amazing. 


I did at least do some good yoga today to relax and spent far too much time watching old fiveawesomegirls and scarheadshow videos on YouTube. 


I also know for sure now that I know all of the fish, inverts, and algae for my lab exam on Wednesday. And before bed I'll finish the last slide I need for my presentation. So that's one class (almost) done with. Woohoo!!!


Once I got back from class I really didn't want to do anything school related, so I started packing up 2 of my drawers into one box, which was really nice. Even though I still don't quite have a place to move into yet. At least I can make myself feel like I'm in the process of moving and getting settled somewhere new.


I feel like I'm not being interesting anymore, but hopefully I can write soemthing more interesting and thoughtful tomorrow. For now, I will leave you with this recipe, which looks delicious.



Grilled Cheese with Fig and Basil

Grilled Cheese with Fig and Basil
Serves 4
30 minutes or fewer
Fresh basil and fig preserves transform good ol’ grilled cheese into a sophisticated sandwich. Honey-lovers will like this recipe as is; others may prefer the less-sweet honey-free rendition.
  • 4 oz. chèvre (soft goat cheese)
  • 1 Tbs. honey, optional
  • 8 thin slices cinnamon-raisin bread
  • 2 tsp. minced fresh basil
  • 2 Tbs. fig preserves
  1. Combine chèvre and honey, if using, in bowl, and mix until well blended. Spread about 1 Tbs. mixture on each of 4 bread slices; top with 1/2 tsp. basil each. Spread remaining slices of bread with 1 1/2 tsp. fig preserves. Close sandwiches, and lightly coat both sides with cooking spray.
  2. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 sandwiches to skillet. Place heavy skillet or pot on top of sandwiches; press gently to flatten. Cook 3 minutes on each side, or until bread is lightly toasted (leave skillet or pot on sandwiches while they cook). Repeat with remaining sandwiches. Serve warm.



Cheers!


Inspirational quote/photo of the day: "I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams." -The 11th Doctor, Doctor Who
Word of the daypilpul--a nitpicking, unproductive argument

No comments:

Post a Comment