02 August 2010

Back to BEDA(ugust)

So, I'm still not sure what's going on with BEDAugust, but I'm going to go ahead and yet to blog everyday whether Maureen's doing it or not. But of course I wasn't smart enough to plan ahead, and am at work/out literally all day today. And this is being written (slowly) on my BlackBerry, so will not be as long/detailed as some of my blog posts. Yeah...

Like I said, I'm going to do my best with BEDAugust, because I really enjoyed blogging everyday last April, whether anyone actually reads this or not...But we'll see how well I manage this with starting my senior year of IB, with extended essay and CAS and essays and blah. Okay, so maybe I'll just say that in general, my blogs this year may not be as long as the ones I did last April. But perhaps that can be a good thing?

^That was written precariously while I was walking around the Renaissance Festival, until I realized that I wanted to actually talk to people and see a last show and just enjoy my last 2 hours at the festival until next June. We are now at Chili's. Mmm...Black Pepper Gravy Mashed Potatoes =]

Oh, dear. So my sister, our friend Grace, and I were just talking while also eating, and she made one of the funniest, most innocent comments ever. She was having the Quesadilla Explosion Salad, but forgotten what it was called.
Elyse (sister): The salad's just so big. It's not so much a salad as it is an EXPLOSION.
Me: Well, yeah, that's why it's called the Quesadilla Explosion Salad.
E: Really? Are you serious?
Me: Yeah...
Grace, Elyse, and Me: *hysterical laughter*

All right, I feel like it's probably the kind of thing you have to be there for. But we were laughing about it for quite a long time.

This seems like an incredibly lame first BEDA post. But forgive me, as I'm not home, and won't be getting home until probably around midnight. And I can't BELIEVE it's August already. It doesn't feel like it's already the last day of work, but it is. *sigh* This summer went by exceptionally fast, and I'm not sure whether I'm ready to go back to school and sit in that dirty, crowded place for 7 hours+ each weekday. Bleurgh.

I realized that on Sundays last April I did my Top Ten Lists, but I don't really have the time to do that now, so I'll do it TOMORROW. With a special feature on SHARK WEEK!!!! =D

Days left of summer: 15
Inspirational quote/photo of the day: "The key is to get to know people and trust them to be who they are. Instead, we trust people to be who we want them to be--and when they're not, we cry." ~David Duchovny

No comments:

Post a Comment