13 May 2012

Move in day

It is definitely 1:30 in the morning. But to me, it is still Saturday. So this blog is still happening, but only barely. (Shh...we're cheating again to make this blog actually  post on Saturday. But we're definitely NOW 2 hours into Sunday)


I literally just got back from moving, hanging out with friends, etc. I've been gone from the dorms since 14:00. Because today was move-in day.


I feel bad because lately all of my blog posts have been incredibly boring, just details about my life. But, well, I really am too tired tonight (this morning?) to try to write a complicated post.


I woke up at 8:00 this morning and couldn't fall back asleep, so I just read some and then watched 30 Rock. I then spent the rest of the morning finishing packing, including my suitcases full of almost everything. At 14:00 I headed downtown to meet the guys who were moving our stuff, but then my friend called me and told me they wouldn't be ready until 17:00. So instead we went to try to look at furniture and ended up only with a shower curtain and a frozen pizza since we'd have to be missing dinner. Yay.


I was definitely worried I'd get lost trying to find my apartment, since I hadn't seen it yet, but I was completely fine. So I went ahead and hung up teh shower curtain and took pictures...it ended up taking the moving people 45 minutes to get down to the apartments, which was annoying. The guys moving our stuff were nice, though I'm pretty sure one, who was 19, was trying to hit on me. I was too tired to really recognize if he was or not. But we didn't really finish moving in our stuff until 19:00, and then we made the pizza in our oven (!). And we finally left the apartment at 20:00. *sigh*


After that we went over to our other friends' apartment who also moved today and just hung out some, eating food and talking. 


It definitely is weird having my own apartment, but it's also nice. Our apartment is so empty right now, though. So. Empty. I hope we can get some decorations, a couch, a table, and some other furniture slowly over the next couple months. Make it really feel like home.


Here's a couple pictures:




Cupboard under the stairs! 




And...definitely time for bed now. Until tomorrow....


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment