05 May 2012

Packing Netflix

I totally just remembered what I was going to talk about in my Thursday blog. I knew it had something to do with YouTube and the fiveawesomegirls, because that's what I've been using to distract myself lately. And it suddenly hit me while I was running last night.


It's not as exciting as I remembered it being on Thursday, but now that I've remembered it, I'm determined to dedicate a short section of my blog to it today. Yep.


Anyway, so in one of Kristina's videos, she was discussing how her roommate "hated" her because weird suggestions popped up in his Netflix and amazon suggestion boxes after he bought things for her. And I remember a while back Hank was talking about how he gets funny suggestions for Spanish soap operas on Hulu, even though he has never shown any interest in that type of show....


It really does baffle me. Sometimes websites are good at recommending things. But usually they're not. And I always expect Netflix to be better because they DO ask you to rate things and they ask you to rate a LOT of stuff. Granted, I don't do it very often, but they're at least supposed to go off of what you have watched recently. The only thing Netflix is usually good at is offering me good Nature & Science documentaries, but I often have to go digging for the good ones anyway. They put the stupid ones first in my suggestion box.


But yes. I don't really understand it. I might as well just search for things I might be interested in if Netflix is going to give me crap like this:

Yeah. Whatever Netflix. Whatever.

I went to my last class of my freshman year of college today!! Wooooooooooooo!!!! I feel like maybe I should've been more excited than I was or am, but meh. I still have to finish up 1 paper and take 4 finals. So it's not over yet. And it wasn't very climactic. The professor didn't even mention it being our last day of class. The only thing I did after class was walk to the apartment complex I'm looking at with a friend tomorrow so I know where it is and go buy cleaning supplies so we can seriously clean our suite and get money. Oooooooo, money. ;)


I haven't really done much else today. I've gotten a lot of packing done, though, actually. It's crazy. It feels weird that I have to be out of here in just 9 days and then I'm never coming back to these dorms. But it hasn't really hit yet. I also can't decide what I need to bring to Connecticut with me. It's different from just going home for the summer, and I'm a bit lost. Everything's kind of a jumble right now with packing and trying to find a place to live and finals and going home and then not being home and trying to find a job in Connecticut etc etc. Somehow I've been staying relatively calm, but I think a lot of it is because I'm trying to ignore the big picture and just take things one hour time block at a time. (Trying) We'll see how things go. 10  more days until home.


Fingers crossed that one of the 2 apartments tomorrow ends up working out.


And then I will get more boxes, continue to pack, and STUDY. Study study.


Cheers!


Inspirational quote/photo of the day: "When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
Word of the day: vexillologist--one who studies flags.

No comments:

Post a Comment