03 May 2012

Patience and Manic Mondays?

It's funny, because ever since I posted that blog post yesterday I've noticed more the moments when I get really impatient. And it's an awful lot of the time. More than I probably should get impatient, really. It's easy, especially during this stressful finals time period, to focus only on myself and what I need to get done. But everyone around me is dealing with their own stresses, and they aren't in tune with what I need. None of us are, really. And we probably can't be, not 100%, not all of the time. I think it's probably more important that we realize that.

When I do find myself getting impatient, I take a deep breath, pause for a moment, and remind myself that it is okay. Everything will work out, somehow, in the end. For example, I'm now done with my Marine Biology Lab class (which is good but also sad) and finished with my Communications paper. I know when I start and end my internship, though I still need to buy flights. The walk is now over 1000 dollars (!!!!). Now all I have left is buying a flight, finding an apartment, 1 paper, and 4 finals. Which still sounds like, and is, a lot, but it can get done.

I just need to find the space and time to be patient with myself and with the world. The world, the stars have let me down in the past, but through it all, I know I can still count on that light and spirit to guide me to where I need to be going. Sometimes it might take a while, but we're always guided there eventually.

In other random news, I've had the song "Manic Monday" stuck in my head for the past hour and I have no freaking idea where it came from. It's kind of freaking me out, because I haven't heard that song in years. Brains are weird. Why do I all of the sudden remember the lyrics to that song but you can't help me remember vital information on tests, brain? WHY?

Man, I totally had something I was going to write about here that I was thinking about while taking a shower. But I can't remember it now........
................
...............................
.........................................
.................................................

Yep, no clue.

But I would like to say that I am obsessed with my new screensaver, which I got from these guys:
http://theblu.com/home
Seriously, it makes me want to let my computer go to sleep just so I can watch the pretty fish and identify them. Just one more distraction.....

Also, I don't have to go to stats tomorrow, so if I don't write this blog before noon tomorrow, I don't even know. I would say punish me, but no one really reads this. So I'll just be very angry if I don't write it when I actually have time before the evening for once. Before getting back from work at 10:15 and then going to get food and not coming back to my room until almost 11:00, like happened today.

Geez.

Cheers!

Inspirational quote/photo of the day: "Have patience with all things, but first of all with yourself." -St. Francis de Sales"
Word of the day: bosky--having an abundance of trees or shrubbery.

No comments:

Post a Comment