17 May 2012

Jet lag (or finals lag?)

Aaaargh. My tiredness has not at all decreased in the past day. I know I've barely gotten any sleep over the last 2 weeks, so that's probably part of it. And I also do know the whole "one day per time zone" jet lag thing. So hopefully by this weekend I'll be okay. And then I'll have a little under 2 weeks before jetting off on a plane again. Yay!


But man, I still haven't really done much today. I started out cleaning my drawers, emptying 2 of them of old clothes to donate. Next task is to tackle my closet, which will hopefully happen soon. In the next few days. I did say it was my New Year's Resolution to downsize my life, and I still very much want to hold onto that and make it come true. I've done a good job of not increasing the size of my life, I think, as I've barely bought anything over the last semester of school. Now it's just time to get rid of what I don't need and offer it to other people.


I have had a headache nearly all day. Probably a combination of altitude and slight dehydration. I'm also hoping I'll get used to that, and that my allergies will go away. Otherwise it's going to be a lot harder to do this 5K next Saturday that I am completely capable of doing, knowing my current fitness level. I just need to get new shoes so I can get a little practice running in this high altitude before that day.


I miss Hawaii a lot though. I'm still having a hard time writing it in words. The continuous headache likely doesn't help that. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to post a more lengthy blog post.


But for now, I think it's time for sleep again. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.


Cheers!


Inspirational quote/photo of the day: "I’m grateful for anything that reminds me of what’s possible in this life. Books can do that. Films can do that. Music can do that. School can do that. It’s so easy to allow one day to simply follow into the next, but every once in a while we encounter something that shows us that anything is possible, that dramatic change is possible, that something new can be made, that laughter can be shared." —Jonathon Safran Foer
Word of the dayochlocracy--mob rule


No comments:

Post a Comment