14 May 2012

Sweet Sorrows and Heart Home

I wish I had something more exciting to talk about today, too. But I really don't. Overall, this has felt like a really long, dragged out weekend. But I'm definitely starting to feel the inklings of sadness. The hard part of leaving a place, friends, and memories. Remembering how much I have changed over this year, thanks to the family I've built here and the experiences I've had. 


Parting really is "such sweet sorrow." I think it is wonderful to look ahead at all of the wonderful opportunities and chances waiting for you. And it's lovely to look back at the beautiful memories and moments of the past. And yet, the present remains comfortable, and it's scary to walk off of your current rock in the rushing river of life onto the next one. It's rough, scary, potential dangerous. But once you get there...


I hope the journey is worth it. I think it should be. I'm a little scared for Connecticut. I'm afraid of being lonely and not finding a job and the whole summer being "wasted." But I'm also so excited. It is amazing to even be offered this opportunity when I've only finished one year of college. And I just have to have faith I'll find a job and have fun. 


3 months until I'm back in Hawaii. It'll be weird to be away for that long. It's amazing how in such a short time I've created a real home for myself here. Granted, I have now technically moved my living situation, but my heart is still here. My friends are still here. I grew here, and truly came into my own strength and life. I've danced, laughed, cried, ran, and celebrated the beauty of my life. I've left pieces of my heart and soul here, and I've finally been able to come to a sense of peace with Nick, feeling his spirit with me. 


But I'll be okay. I still have friends and I have a home waiting for me in 3 months. I always say I want to travel the world and experience a lot, and this summer is the beginning of my opportunities for adventure and independence.


After all, I'm a ledge-walker, aren't I?


Cheers!


Inspirational quote/photo of the day:


Word of the day: ort--a scrap of food left after a meal is completed

No comments:

Post a Comment