26 August 2011

The College Blog

I don't even know what to write today. I'm just trying to stay calm as I prepare to leave for COLLEGE!!!!!!!!! I'm excited, but I'm also quite anxious. I truly hope I can thrive in college, certainly more than I thrived in high school. I hope that even when I'm living on my own I can stay strong and keep my hope.


Anyway. I've basically finished packing. I haven't put my laptop in there yet (obviously), and there's a few things I want to make sure are okay to bring. That they make sense to bring.


I'm going to miss my kitty cat so much. :( She's been sleeping on my bed all day and periodically coming onto my lap and rubbing against me, purring and purring. I feel like she knows something is going on. I love her. I'm going to miss her over the next 4 months. She always knows how to comfort me. *sigh* I need to print out a picture of her or find an old one, because I need her adorable face in front of me while I'm at college.




They still haven't given us our dorm assignments, which I'm assuming means they're just going to give them to us on Monday. Unfortunately. I mean, I'm not sure it really matters all that much, since I don't know any difference between the 6 dorm buildings, but I did want my address before I got there so I could leave it with people. I'm hoping I do get along with my roommates in person. It's going to be a weird adjustment living with 2 people constantly. Especially because I'm shy...I've gotten better though. This summer at work I started talking to each of my coworkers before they talked to me that first day when I was alone with either one of them, so...yeah. Hopefully I'll still have the courage to speak to my roommates if they don't really talk to me first. I think it's important that we try to understand each other and get to know each other so that even if we don't become best friends, we're also not weirded out by each other. I had a friend say her roommate never talks and is constantly in the computer lab, so that must be awkward--how would you know if they even wanted to talk to you? So yeah. Hopefully that won't happen. I don't think it will, because we talked quite a bit on Facebook, all three of us, and we did seem to get along and all wanted the roommate thing to work out well. I guess we'll see on Monday?


I feel like maybe I should talk about something other than college, but that's really all I've been doing today. Packing, cleaning, etc.


.....................


I've also been watching The X-Files while I've been packing. Man, I'm glad NetFlix has every episode streaming, because while I'm almost done with the mythology episodes, I've also been watching some regular ones lately, and I really would love to just start over again from the beginning and watch every episode.


It's weird watching the episodes where Mulder and Scully aren't assigned to The X-Files anymore. O_o I mean, they mostly still investigate x-files and get in trouble, but it's just very odd. I'd forgotten how long that little storyline went on, too.


Also, I hate Diana Fowley. Just saying.


Oh, and I made this picture from screenshots earlier. I must say I'm quite proud of it. I've always loved the parallel the directors make between the first and last episodes:




I have been amused all day by Maureen's freak outs over the hurricane, even though she did finally get her flight moved. She is a very hilarious woman. I want her life.


Okay, and I know I'm no meteorologist, and maybe this is mean, but I think it would be hilarious if everyone evacuates New York City and it doesn't even flood. I agree with the mayor that it's better to be safe than dead, but if that's the case...I am definitely going to laugh at them. Of course, if it does flood, then it's definitely a good thing they all left!


Funny Headline: Irene stalks East Coast


................


This is definitely not my best blog, but whatever. I still need to write my one for tomorrow so that way I can set it to post at a specific time in case I can't get internet during one of our layovers. Since we're in Phoenix for 5 hours, I hope I'll find an internet connection and be able to update y'all in my blog, but you know, just in case.....


Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, College!!!!!!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!! =)


Cheers!


Word of the Day: footle--to act or talk in a foolish or silly way

Inspirational quote/photo of the day: "You're alive. That means you have infinite potential. You can do anything, make anything, dream anything. If you change the world, the world will change." -Neil Gaiman

Days until I leave for college: T-12 hours and counting....

No comments:

Post a Comment