14 August 2011

Fulton's Fishing Flies

I am so behind on commenting on y'all's blogs. :( I'm so sorry. I keep not being on my computer during the day for various reasons and then quickly writing a blog at night. At which point I'm tired, and I just...can't spend the time it takes to fully read y'all's blogs. *sigh* I don't like it. So tomorrow I will comment. I will have a commenting party!!!


I decided about 5 minutes ago that I'm not going to do my Top Ten list today either. I have several reasons I am going to state now to rationalize my decision:

1) I didn't do confessions today, and I like doing them right in a row.

2) I was not on my computer like...at all today

3) I'm really tired...even though it's only 8:53.

4) I haven't been feeling well.

5a) I have no idea what I'd write my top ten list about.

5b) I'm too tired to try to think of an idea right now.


So yes. I will write a blog today just for the sake of writing a blog, like I do on most weekdays--no specific plan in mind, just a blog. Monday and Tuesday I will do Confessions and Top Ten, and then I will get back on schedule this upcoming weekend. :D


I wasn't lying when I said I haven't been on my computer much all day. I woke up actually semi-early for a weekend, but then I just laid in bed reading for 2 hours because I wasn't feeling well. Then I did a webinar for my college.* Lunch, shopping with my dad, didn't get home until 3:45. I got a laptop bag, though, so now I don't have to worry about dropping my laptop on the floor...quite as much. Yay! I then played Bananagrams with my dad for quite a long amount of time. Once we were done with that, I really should have had time to write a good Sunday blog. I was going to. I totally was going to. But then the sickness stuff came back again. And I really just wanted to sleep. I didn't, but I also got absolutely nothing productive done. NOTHING AT ALL. *sigh* After dinner, I played Clue with my parents, sister, and her boyfriend, mostly just to be a good sport, even though I still felt sick.


Honestly, I still don't feel that well, but I am going to write this blog, dang it. I'm not going to miss a day just because of business and sickness. I'm not!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a tough warrior and I can get through anything.**


I really hope my blog yesterday made sense and didn't sound too weird, because I have not yet reread it and I was really tired and still emotional when I was writing it. So I hope it truly conveys how I felt. I know none of you can really know that, since you're not inside my head, but I hope that when you read it, you truly get a sense of my grief and numbness and rebirth. And I hope you can see the beauty in the world I saw yesterday.


After our hike yesterday, my dad was explaining to me what county the wilderness area was in. He claims I asked him. I have no memory of this, but it's entirely possible, since I love geography and am very curious about the counties and cities and towns in my state. But whatever. Once we got home I got out my old puzzle map of Colorado--showing all the counties, county seat of each county, and many other hilarious things.


Thing such as:

Rifle--The World's Largest Trout Hatchery

Lamar--Goose Hunting Capital

Conejos--Fulton's Fishing Flies


It also has, according to my dad, several ski areas that no longer exist. This puzzle map was made in 1986, so that makes sense. But it also indicates Ski Pike's Peak, which hasn't been open since 1984. So I don't know what the guy making the map was thinking, really.


My dad thought it was funny that in all the times I did the puzzle as a kid, I never read everything on the puzzle. But everything's in awfully small type, and as a kid I think I just wanted to do the puzzle. But now they make me laugh. Or some of them actually do interest me. Cool facts and stuff.


Also, there are little pictures everywhere, especially of people skiing at the ski areas on the map. This particular portion in Gunnison County made me laugh:


The poor guy skiing Cranor Hill doesn't know how to ski. :(


Anyway. That map stuff is about all I have for y'all today. I was amused by it quite a bit, but I doubt other people will be.


Tomorrow, I promise to do Confessions. And be more interesting. Here's an interesting fact for you before I sleep:


Our state fossil is the Stegosaurus.


Cheers!


Word of the Day: oxbow--a bow-shaped bend in a river, or the land embraced by it.

Inspirational quote/photo of the day: "Happiness depends upon ourselves". - Aristotle

Days until I leave for college: 12


*Okay, so I was on my computer then. But I was trying to pay attention to the webinar.

**Or...at least I can tell myself that.

No comments:

Post a Comment