03 August 2011

Exhaustion

Day 2 of BEDAugust. I am exhausted.


I got into Pottermore last night, after waking up at 1:45. Then I fell back asleep at 5:15 or so. And woke up again at 7:00 because I had too many things to do at hospitals today. So, no, really, I am exhausted. So this also will not be a long post.


I feel kind of pathetic right now, but seriously. I don't think I've gotten a good, solid night of sleep since last week. And today, I didn't really procrastinate until late, but I was busy all day and then stuck in the Colorado State Capitol Building with no computer. I should have brought it, but I knew I was going to be walking around, probably in the rain, and I am currently super protective of my new shiny Toshiba laptop. So sorry. *sigh* I promise tomorrow will be EXCITING. With balloons and fireworks and cupcakes.


I was very happy to get into Pottermore, although my sister and her loudness at 4 am when I was very sleepy did not help. I took a while for the ad to load on my stupid slow internet, and then took a while to figure out how to get the quill to levitate. But I got there. FeatherNettle111. Got my confirmation e-mail quickly and validated. Now it's just a matter of waiting for my welcome e-mail.


I really am excited for Pottermore, despite my annoyance of yesterday. I love Jo, and I know that this is going to be an amazing experience, getting TRULY sorted and finding out information about all of the characters. I really want to learn stuff about Flitwick, because I feel like he is awesome. And we don't know much about him. But, really, I'm excited for new canon written words from the beautiful mind of Jo.


As I wrote in my long blog post on July 21st, the magic isn't over. I haven't let go of these characters. I haven't left Hogwarts. They're still deep in my heart and soul. The magic lives on. In all of us.



Anyway. Currently watching Shark Week, and I am NOT enjoying this show. They're shooting sharks and blowing them up. I love sharks. They're not man-eaters; very few humans die each year from shark attacks. We don't need to kill them. So I am currently clutching my stuffed shark* and cursing the TV show for condoning the killing of sharks. *sigh* Too bad I missed the scientific shows during the day today.


Strangely, I think all my late nights studying and completing IB work this past year have allowed me to get through today with no naps and only 4 hours of sleep. There was a point when I was waiting to get my TB test for college that I honestly thought I was going to fall asleep in the chair in the waiting room. And I randomly got tired during lunch. And I think I may have fallen asleep for a short period of time while waiting for my dad in the cafeteria of the state capitol building. I was trying to read Goblet of Fire, but was desperately sleepy, and kind of laid my head down. And closed my eyes. But I don't think I actually fell asleep, because I was very aware of the people walking around me. Important Congressmen and women and government/political people who probably thought I was very weird for "sleeping" on a stuffed shark** in the middle of a cafeteria in such an important building. But now? I really am tired again. I will sleep early tonight.


And probably sleep in ridiculously late tomorrow, even though I hate doing that because I feel like I've lost half of the day.


Bleurgh. I'm tired. Maureen certainly is amusing, though. I am reading all of her tweets from today (my phone died at some point in the afternoon). I love her.


zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz


jfdkfjphy1phfgrifgjhdfdfdkghr89-y19-8hgdgh918uyt48hghgdifjuqpiptuer834yt84hgudghdafjdkghpq


Oh. Did I just fall asleep on my keyboard? How embarrassing.


Bed time now. Hopefully Shark Week is better tomorrow. I love my Sharky.


Daily Shark Fact: The Dermal denticles that covers Shark skin is so tough and hard that before the invention of sandpaper, shark skin was used to polish wood.

Daily Shark Photo:

Blacktip reef shark! So pretty!

Inspirational quote/photo of the day: “I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.” -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Days until I leave for college: 24


*Yes I do have a stuffed animal shark. He is adorable. His name is Sharky, and I love him.

**Also, Sharky is a good pillow. But I think that people probably just thought I was crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment